THOMAS S. PARISI, MD, FACP, RPhS
Based in Las Vegas, Dr. Thomas S. Parisi, MD FACP RPhS completed his medical residency from The University of Nevada, Reno, in 2005. He is a Certified Diplomate of Phlebology (that’s vein disease) and has practiced with Las Vegas Vein since its inception in 2007. Las Vegas Vein was created to serve the Las Vegas community with all leg and limb rehabilitation needs and not simply vein care. The facility is the only Accredited Vein Center in Nevada and he uses only Standard of Care techniques with FDA approved materials.
Dr. Parisi also specializes in wound healing (inpatient & outpatient), wound consultations, hyperbaric and undersea medicine at local area hospitals. Dr. Parisi is the most experienced Venefit Procedure Specialist in the Las Vegas Region. He is also a member of the American College of Phlebology, Society of Vascular Medicine, the Society of Vascular Ultrasound, the Society of Limb Salvage and Functional Reconstruction as well as the American College of Physicians. He is currently a practicing physician at the Desert Springs Hospital Advanced Wound Care Center.
In addition, Dr. Parisi has the only certified IAC (Intersocietal Accreditation Commission) Vein Center in the state of Nevada. The IAC is a network of accredited medical professionals that represent more than 40 medical specialties who contribute to its efforts of excellence. This certification documents achievement in the high-quality standards of vascular ultrasound, echocardiography and nuclear medicine as the test ensures that quality standards and requirements have been met.
To maintain this accreditation, certified physicians have met the required number of relevant, continuing standards put forth by a national guideline. The center is reviewed every three years to ensure that the center is still performing up to their standards. Las Vegas Vein is also part of the national PCMH (Patient Centered Medical Home) program that ensures that the center has the same standards as a hospital.
Dr. Parisi believes in a systemic approach to vein health treatment, as the entirety of the patient themselves must be as important as the healing treatment. To Dr. Parisi, there’s much more to the treatment process than simply curing vascular disease. A patient’s treatment through prevention and support are equally as important. The healing experience begins at the initial consultation, to working with the patient through the treatment process, and through the continued follow-up process of maintaining health and well-being to ensure the quality of life, health, and aesthetic beauty for the patient.
- Widener University, 1992-1996 B.S. Biology
- Attended Thomas Jefferson University, 1996-1998 M.S. Microbiology
- St. Christopher’s College of Medicine, Cambridge, England, 1998-2001 M.D.
- University of Sint Eustatius School of Medicine, Netherlands, 2001-2002
- Post-Doctorate M.D.
- University of Nevada, Reno, 2002 Internship
- University of Nevada, Reno, 2003-2005 Residency
- 2005, 2015 Board Certification
- American College of Phlebology, Premier Member
- American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine, Certified Diplomate
- American College of Physicians, Fellow
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certified
- Las Vegas Vein, Director of Endovascular Procedures
- Healogics, Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine Specialist
- Desert Springs Hospital, Senior Attending of Inpatient Wound Services
- Personal Medical Care, Director